Old July 27th 03, 11:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bloody ticket machines

In article ,
(Peter Lawrence) wrote:

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 22:38:08 +0000 (UTC), Matthew Malthouse
wrote:

Having guided the Americans through getting tickets to Gatwick I was
astonished that there seems to be no means of buying more than one
ticket per transaction. That means that the whole process had to be
repeated three times and then on the tird the machine rejected the
credit card used as having "exceeded the limit for this card at this
machine today".

I did not know this limit per card existed.. Is any warning given of
it (at Stansted or anywhere else)? If it is the same limit as applied
for petrol purchases (£50 per day AFAIR) it seems inappropriate.

It's just the large machines (Swiss-made, forget the brand, "Al-"
something) which can only do one ticket at a time. The smaller credit card
only Shere machines can do multiple tickets, including adults plus
children, but still can't do more than one transaction on one credit card,
a problem if buying on different railcards.

WAGN just don't help themselves sometimes. My ticket is never checked at
times of disruption, like when I went from Cambridge to London via
Stansted the other morning.

--
Colin Rosenstiel