Old August 11th 04, 11:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,misc.transport.urban-transit
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Many Birds with One Stone

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 at 09:44:52, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at
23:37:39 on Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Gawnsoft
move.this.antispam.net remarked:
Most people going to dixons to buy a new TV aren't going to want to
take it home on the bus.

True. Luckily many such shops have delivery vans. It's certainly how
I get lots of my purchases to my home from the shops.

So instead of getting the whatever that you carefully picked out in
the shop, at home and useful that afternoon; you get to take a day off
work, and wait in all of next Thursday, in the hope that the one they
deliver from the warehouse doesn't have a big scratch on the side.

So if you'd rather not wait in for the whatever, assuming (big
assumption) that they have one in stock other than the display model,
which they probably won't have, but *if* they do, what's wrong with
hiring a van for the afternoon?

Last time I bought a telly, I brought it home in a taxi. Time before,
we managed with the car, even though the street that particular shop was
in was not only no parking, it was pedestrianised!
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 7 August 2004 - for a limited time, be bored by my holiday