Old August 11th 04, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,misc.transport.urban-transit
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Many Birds with One Stone

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:44:52 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

So instead of getting the whatever that you carefully picked out in
the shop, at home and useful that afternoon; you get to take a day off
work, and wait in all of next Thursday, in the hope that the one they
deliver from the warehouse doesn't have a big scratch on the side.

Indeed. While I am very much part of the target demographic for
things like supermarket delivery, I just can't guarantee to be in at
any given point to receive delivery of an item, and I wouldn't want
such things delivering to work.

Indeed, I'd rather lug a big box on the bus (and I've done it before),
or worst case in a taxi, than try to arrange a delivery, though
fortunately these days I have and use a car for such things.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To e-mail use neil at the above domain