Old August 11th 04, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,misc.transport.urban-transit
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Many Birds with One Stone

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:17:02 +0000 (UTC), "Brimstone"
wrote:

So you pay out the costs of owning a car so that you can go a buy a new TV
and carry it home yourself every few years? An interesting slant on
cost/benefit analysis.

Not everything in this world is down to cost. Seen objectively, the
ownership of a car makes no financial sense to me whatsoever, given
that it gets used only a couple of times a week (I commute by bike).
However, it was a lifestyle decision, and one I do not regret at all.

Indeed, I'd go so far to say that the world is a far worse place for
the obsession with cost that seems so prevolent at the moment.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To e-mail use neil at the above domain