Old August 11th 04, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Routemaster lament

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:24:07 +0100, Colin McKenzie
wrote:

Just sit down.

I would if there was any legroom. The only place I can sit is either
right at the front or on the side-facing seats, and in the latter case
my knees block the aisle.

AIUI, bendy buses have fewer seats than Routemasters.

I'd rather stand in comfort than sit with my knees up my nose.

The Routemasters are fun, but regardless of the accessibility issue
they are not suited to the modern day. The bendies are better, as are
those newer deckers with lots of legroom on the upper deck.

Also, a good two-doored double-decker loads and unloads far quicker
than the single-entrance Routemaster.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK