Old August 12th 04, 09:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london,rec.travel.europe
LarryLard LarryLard is offline

Default Passport to Pimlico - 2004 version?

"Alan Harrison" wrote in message ...
"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote in message

I bet the average immigration officer doesn't know what most European
languages sound like. [How many are there? I lost count somewhere around
40, and I'm excluding things like Bengali that are spoken by many
Britons but are not traditionally counted.]

Just what I thought on Saturday. Travelling on the Piccadilly Line I was
sitting opposite a father and daughter who were speaking a language I
certainly didn't recognise and which I assume to be European. I make that
assumption on the basis that both were blond and blue-eyed.

There is an ethnic group on the west coast of India who look pretty
much north European.

This country gets more like the old USSR or DDR every time I blink.

Overstatement, Clive, but we ceratinly seem to be moving towards an ugly
authoritarianism.

'Today' tells me today that Blunkett wants to make *all* offences
arrestable... but of course we needn't worry because there will be a
'necessity' test.

--
Larry Lard
Replies to group please