Old August 12th 04, 04:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Acrosticus Acrosticus is offline

Default Passport to Pimlico - 2004 version?

From: "Alan \(in Brussels\)"
Date: 09/08/2004 13:23 GMT Daylight Time

Immigration officer Emma Cromack said: "If you hear someone speaking a
language that's not European we approach them and ask 'do you mind if I ask
you what nationality you are?'

Well the way this Cromack woman speaks English seems to put her under immediate
suspicion of being some kind of alien. "If you hear ..." followed by "... we
approach ...". What she told the Standard just doesn't make sense to anyone
whose native language is English. She's just got to be some kind of undesirable
scrounger from overseas (NB: allowing for the fact that the government
apparently pays her salary the words "from overseas" can become optional by the
way).