Old July 27th 03, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Seanie O'Kilfoyle Seanie O'Kilfoyle is offline

Default [OT] Fire in docklands or deptford?

"Chris Owen" wrote in message
om...
Luke Ross wrote in message

Hi,

When I was waiting at Heron Quays around 5pm or so yesterday there was a
lot of smoke blowing through the station from a fairly tall building on
fire, quite a way South, that the firefighters were pumping large
amounts of water at - any idea which building was on fire? I can't seem
to find any news articles about it.

It was a construction site - the building on fire was a
partly-constructed block at the bottom of Mastmaker Road on South
Quay. It was one of a number of "affordable housing" blocks

Not so affordable now then