Old August 12th 04, 09:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,misc.transport.urban-transit
[email protected] kinslerp@delillo.lsr.ph.ic.ac.uk is offline

Default Many Birds with One Stone

Roland Perry wrote:
Oh, I dunno - our car spends most of its life in the garage; we really
only keep it because we tend to take motoring holidays. And it gets
used on Sundays and one Wednesday a month. Other than that, in a normal
month, it lives in the garage.

Well, that's obviously *enough* usage for you, then. Odd how
it varies from person to person. PT's big drawback is assuming
one size fits all.

Er. Buses, buses with winding routes, buses on express routes,
trains, the underground, all that. Is that one-size? If so,
the worlds most fabulously comprehensive public transport system
could be sniped at by saying "it assumes one size fits all".
Perahps you mean PT's big drawback is not providing people with
their own car?

#Paul