Old July 27th 03, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robert Woolley Robert Woolley is offline

Default Ticketless Buses Zone 1?

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 15:19:10 GMT, (Neil
Williams) wrote:

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:48:15 +0100, chris wrote:

Noticed today a flyer saying that you will have to have a valid ticket
for travel on buses in the central zone before getting on the bus
Is this zone 1 only?

Could be being cynical, but could this be connected with the
apparently conductor-less[1] Routemaster (Arriva service to Oxford
Circus, the number escapes me) I experienced yesterday?

[snip]

Shouldn't be.

In fact it is illegal to operate a Routemaster in passenger service
without a conductor.

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk