Old August 13th 04, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,misc.transport.urban-transit
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Many Birds with One Stone

In message , at
08:31:17 on Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Lance Lamboy
remarked:
Public transit is more successful at fitting people than the private
automobile.

Some people.

The nearest parking lot to me is farther away than the nearest subway
station. Then when I got to my destination, the same would probably be
true. It's just easier to take the subway.

Yes, it will be true for some people. But try taking a train from
Atlanta to Orlando (rather than driving). Takes 2 days via Washington!