Old August 13th 04, 03:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,misc.transport.urban-transit
Lance Lamboy Lance Lamboy is offline

Default Many Birds with One Stone

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:47:50 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at
09:20:11 on Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Lance Lamboy
remarked:
So the claim that driving is more successful at fitting all people is
demolished.

There was no *absolute* claim to that effect. Indeed, it is your
absolute claim that PT is always more successful that is in peril.

That is not my claim. Sometimes a helicopter will be the best
transportation option. Othertimes a dog sled will be optimal. In Iraq,
it is foolish to travel in an unarmored vehicle.

As for Atlanta to Orlando, have you thought about taking a plane or a
bus? It is not at all clear that driving is more convenient for that
trip than public transit.

Everyone cringes when mentioning the bus in USA.

It beats driving.

Taking the plane will
be an economic decision. For a family of five, the car will likely win.

This will depend on the mileage cost. This will depend on what kind of
car the family has, how the car is driven, etc. However if we take the
IRS standard rate then you are right, the car will likely be cheaper for a
family of five.

--
Lance Lamboy

"Go F*ck Yourself" ~ Dick Cheney