Old August 13th 04, 03:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,misc.transport.urban-transit
Lance Lamboy Lance Lamboy is offline

Default Many Birds with One Stone

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:45:11 +0100, Annabel Smyth wrote:

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 at 14:02:28, Roland Perry
wrote:

Yes, it will be true for some people. But try taking a train from
Atlanta to Orlando (rather than driving). Takes 2 days via Washington!

I'm afraid those distances mean nothing to me - how long would it take
if you drove? I loved Amtrak trains when I used them, so I wouldn't
actually mind 2 days, but if it's a case of "going to Birmingham by way
of Bethnal Green", then perhaps not!

Atlanta-Washington 637 miles~1025km

Washington-Orlando 850 miles~1368km

Atlanta-Orlando 439 miles~ 706km

Since there is no direct AMTRAK connection from Atlanta to Orlando, AMTRAK
does not appear to be the optimal choice for that trip.

--
Lance Lamboy

"Go F*ck Yourself" ~ Dick Cheney