Old July 27th 03, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Epping-Ongar news?

In article , Dave
writes
Clive D. W. Feather writes

[1] The only place I can see guided bus technology being of use is in
bus *stations*, to be honest, for ensuring flush boarding and coping
with often restricted areas.

Apparently it works well in Adelaide because of the layout of things:

[...]

I was in Adelaide earlier this year and had no idea they have guided
busways. If I'd known, I'd have had a look - as I've never seen one before.
Are they what Adelaide Metro call the 'O-Bahn Bus Routes'?

Yes, from the City Centre to Tea Tree Plaza. City Centre penetration
isn't brilliant and signposting and publicity for public transport was,
I thought, worse in Adelaide than any other Australian city I've ever
visited.

(It would help if the Glenelg trams ran further North to connect with
more other city transport, including the O-Bahn to Tea Tree Plaza.
Apparently they once did.)

I did have a few rides on the 1920s Glenelg tram (not a museum piece,
but a working part of the city's transport network).

Yes, great, isn't it? ;-)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for