Old August 14th 04, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,misc.transport.urban-transit
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Many Birds with One Stone

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:25:11 on Sat,
14 Aug 2004, Brimstone remarked:
Probably for the same reason they have central heating and don't
spend several hours a day setting and raking out coal fires, or
have an inside loo rather than a bucket in an outhouse. Standards
have
changed.

If standards have changed then it's not for the better.

well, you'll excuse me if I refrain from joining you over the tin
bucket.

You'll also find that supermarkets dislike you removing their
trolleys these days - they have deposit schemes, and clever wheels
that lock up as you try to leave the premises.

What has that got to do with the topic under discussion, surely it's
about theft?

You can't push your shopping home in a supermarket trolley if they
won't let them of the premises. (I think you could have worked that
our for yourself!)

I could and did, who was talking about pushing one's shopping home in a
supermarket trolley?