Old August 14th 04, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,misc.transport.urban-transit
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Many Birds with One Stone

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:24:09 on Sat,
14 Aug 2004, Brimstone remarked:
"I've got three siblings and when we were kids we usually
had at least one dog. My mother walked to and from the
shops, about a mile each way, bringing the goods home in a
shopping trolley. Why are so many people wimps these days?"

Where does it say "supermarket" in that quote?

What other kinds of shopping trolley are there?

Ones that you can buy and take home quite legititmately. I take it from that
that you have someone else to do your shopping for you or you use the
four-wheel motorised variety?

http://www.marksandspencer.com/IWCat...ct_I d=999134 is an example.