Old August 14th 04, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,misc.transport.urban-transit
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Many Birds with One Stone

Lance Lamboy wrote:

Here is how it works. You go to the grocery store. You pick up your
groceries. You take them to the checkout counter. You ask for
delivery. Instead of bagging your groceries, they get boxed and they
put a slip on the box with your address, phone number, etc. You go
home without your groceries. The supermarket delivers your
groceries. There is a small fee for the service which you pay at the
checkout counter.

Not sure that that system is prevalent in the UK, although it's possible
that one or two places operate it.

It's just like when you go to a takeout/delivery pizza place. You can
place your order, wait, and then take your pizza home. Or you can
place your order, ask for delivery, and go home.

I don't personally get my groceries delivered but it is really popular
with elderly people.