Old August 14th 04, 07:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,misc.transport.urban-transit
Stephen Sprunk Stephen Sprunk is offline

Default Many Birds with One Stone

"Jack May" wrote in message
"Brimstone" wrote in message
Very true. The concept of "value for money" seems to have got lost.

For most people. the value of time is most important not the monetary
value.
Transit people like to use the monetary value because they don't count the
cost paid by tax payers. When you hide most of the cost and use only
monetary value instead of time value , it is easier to make a favorable
comparison for PT

Whether transit or cars are faster for a given trip depends on many factors,
in particular the level of road congestion at that time. Transit service
can be faster for many trips during rush hour.

You also need to consider the relative stress levels of each mode; even when
it's slightly slower I often use transit because it permits me to do other
things (like read or work) that I can't effectively do in the car.

Also, whether time or money is more valuable to a given person varies.

K5SSS --Isaac Asimov