Old August 15th 04, 12:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,misc.transport.urban-transit
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Many Birds with One Stone

In message , at 14:03:56 on
Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Stephen Sprunk remarked:
Whether transit or cars are faster for a given trip depends on many
factors, in particular the level of road congestion at that time.
Transit service can be faster for many trips during rush hour.

Very true.

You also need to consider the relative stress levels of each mode; even
when it's slightly slower I often use transit because it permits me to
do other things (like read or work) that I can't effectively do in the
car.

However, working and reading often depends on being able to sit - many
of my journeys on "transit" have been in such crowded conditions that
the only place to sit has been on the floor.