Old August 15th 04, 07:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,misc.transport.urban-transit
Mark Gibson Mark Gibson is offline

Default Many Birds with One Stone

In misc.transport.urban-transit Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 18:25:23 on Fri, 13
Aug 2004, Brimstone remarked:
My mother walked to and from the shops, about a mile each way, bringing
the goods home in a shopping trolley. Why are so many people wimps these
days?

Probably for the same reason they have central heating and don't spend
several hours a day setting and raking out coal fires, or have an inside
loo rather than a bucket in an outhouse. Standards have changed.

You'll also find that supermarkets dislike you removing their trolleys
these days - they have deposit schemes, and clever wheels that lock up
as you try to leave the premises.

I figure if they charge me $1.00 to "lease" a shopping cart, I might
as well keep it. The local Walmart doen't seem to care much when I
roll a shopping cart to where I live across the street. They just
send a cart person to pick them up every so often.

Regards,
Mark

--
"No one goes there nowadays, it's too crowded."
-- Unknown