Old August 15th 04, 09:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,misc.transport.urban-transit
Greg Hennessy Greg Hennessy is offline

Default Many Birds with One Stone

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 02:58:09 +0100, Derek * wrote:

But then is *spitefully* expensive. Say 20-25% more expensive than
ASDA.

That's an understatement.

One has opened locally replacing a Safeway, there is no way I'd do a weekly
shop there. Their prices are wholly unacceptable.

which in turn is dearer than Lidl (we have both in our street, so I go
to Lidl unless I want stuff which Lidl doesn't sell, like cut flowers,
in which case I go to Tesco. Lidl is nearer and its coleslaw & potato
salad are much nicer!).

Probably due to their German origin, there was a time for 15 years
after the war, when the Germans could not afford to eat fresh meat so
sausages and salads became the order of the day, as the years went by
this morphed into high quality sausages and salads.

Lidl's salads, cooked meats and cheeses are a revelation in terms of taste
and quality.

greg

--
Es ist mein Teil - nein