Old August 15th 04, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling Edward Cowling is offline

Default Don't run Announcements

We seem to be getting announcements every ten minutes
on the tube advising us to take water with us and not to
travel while unwell. It's amazing we've survived the last
100 years on the Tube going to work without 2 litres of
Perrier :-) Sensible announcement, or complete ******** ?

My main point though is how about announcing the dangers
of running on the underground ? At least once a year I get
some kid (usually about 19 and wearing a track suit) do the
rush goalie bit, trying to get on the Piccadilly line at Kings X.

Now I'm built like the proverbial outhouse and have more than
my fair share of inertia. So the usual result is that the kid hits
me, gets badly winded and ends up going back 2 feet in the
direction they came from. This happened Friday, and he was
apologising profusely in between fighting for breath.

I did what I usually do. Make sure he's OK and tell him the
error of running on the underground. "If I had been a little old
lady, I'd be on the way to intensive care" I say. But it shouldn't
be me telling him this. It should be the announcers on the
underground !

So come on guys, less ******** about water, and more about
real problems !!
--