Old August 15th 04, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,misc.transport.urban-transit
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Many Birds with One Stone

Jack May wrote:
"Brimstone" wrote in message
Dave Arquati wrote:

I think some years ago Sainsburys used to employ students to go
round the local area recovering trolleys that other students had
nicked!

Sounds like an enterprisding job creation scheme, even if not totally
legal.

Shopping carts cost something like $70 from what I have seen in the
paper. Stealing shopping carts of course means higher prices have to
paid by other people.

Quite so, which is why my comments were phrased in an ironic style.