Old August 16th 04, 12:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,misc.transport.urban-transit
Gawnsoft Gawnsoft is offline

Default Many Birds with One Stone

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:44:52 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:
So instead of getting the whatever that you carefully picked out in
the shop, at home and useful that afternoon; you get to take a day off
work, and wait in all of next Thursday, in the hope that the one they
deliver from the warehouse doesn't have a big scratch on the side.

Indeed. While I am very much part of the target demographic for
things like supermarket delivery, I just can't guarantee to be in at
any given point to receive delivery of an item, and I wouldn't want
such things delivering to work.

Somerfield specify their delivery down to a 2-hour slot.

I normally get my shopping done at a time when I expect to be at home
anyway for 2 hours on the same or following day.

--
Cheers,
Euan