Old August 16th 04, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Don't run Announcements

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 16 Aug 2004:

Just one or two seats low down marked for their use and far too many people
in need of them.

Too true! The few useful seats there available are frequently occupied
by people who could *easily* go elsewhere, but I have to ask them for a
seat, most embarrassing!

I've noticed, though, that most people will happily get up if they are
in a priority seat and someone else needs it. And I've seen someone get
up and the person they got up for firmly refuse their offer...

I have now reached the age when people will occasionally stand up for me
in the Underground - I don't know whether to be flattered or wonder if I
really look *that* old!
--
Annabel - "Mrs Redboots"
(trying out a new .sig to reflect the personality I use in online forums)