Old August 16th 04, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default I've Been a Tourist In London!

Ian Jelf wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 16 Aug 2004:

Do drivers believe that they have any role in helping people who are
unsure of where they're going?

As always, in London, you have two sorts of bus drivers (and
conductors); those who will go out of their way to be helpful - they'll
see you running towards the bus and wait for you - and those who go out
of their way to be unhelpful. We had an experience of the latter - I
took my guests on a 159 up to Westminster Bridge, and the conductor
firmly pressed the bell for the bus to start just as we reached the
platform. He wouldn't even apologise when I remonstrated with him, nor
look at me. I have taken the bus number and plan to report his
behaviour to the PTB, as I was really angry that my guests should have
been put out in this way.

We then took a tourist river-boat to Greenwich and back, and then walked
along the South Bank to have dinner at Gabriel's Wharf. And then walked
on to London Bridge to catch a 35 home.
--
Annabel - "Mrs Redboots"
(trying out a new .sig to reflect the personality I use in online forums)