Old August 16th 04, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default I've Been a Tourist In London!

Peter Lawrence wrote:
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:48:01 +0100, Ian Jelf
wrote:

Does anyone believe in queuing in an orderly fashion at bus stops
any more?

No! We have never managed to persuade the tourists to adopt this
quaint custom; and they tend to be in the majority.

But it's no better outside Zone 1, where tourists are certainly not in
the majority. However, there are practical problems. My local bus stop
in Chiswick High Road is served by 7 routes, and often two or more buses
arrive together. It's just not reasonable to expect an orderly queuing
system in such circumstances.
--
Richard J.