Old August 16th 04, 10:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default FIRST GREAT WESTERN LINK WORSE THAN THAMES STRAINS

"Chris Brady" wrote in message
om...
What happened at Hayes & Harlngton FGWL services from Hayes to
Paddington today 15-8-2004?

I arrived at Hayes at 12.30 - there was at least 50 people waiting for
a train on platform 4 - I assume the 12.20 failed to show up - no
announcements - just did not arrive (this happened last weekend too).

I asked a member of the station crew whether the 12.20 had run - and
he said he hadn't a clue since after FGWL took over he had been
downgraded to a mere cleaner and wasn't allowed to help passengers any
more. Apparently there are now NO proper station staff at Hayes at
weekends. THIS IS AN APPALLING DOWNGRADING OF SERVICES TO PASSENGERS.

The 12.54 was then announced as running 20 minutes late, and was due
to arrive at 13.20. The announcement said that this was for
'operational reasons' - what the hell are those? Meanwhile more
passengers arrived until there was about 100 on the platform.

When the 12.54 - a three car unit - eventually arrived at 13.22 IT WAS
PACKED, and I do mean FULL. This was obviously due to the cancellation
of the previous train. It took fully 5 minutes for the 100+ passengers
to squeeze onto the train. This obviously lead to a HIGH LEVEL OF
DANGEROUS OVERCROWDING.

and capital letters.