Old August 17th 04, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Piccadilly Pilot Piccadilly Pilot is offline

Default Don't run Announcements

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
Helen Deborah Vecht wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 16 Aug 2004:

Just one or two seats low down marked for their use and far too many

people
in need of them.

Too true! The few useful seats there available are frequently occupied
by people who could *easily* go elsewhere, but I have to ask them for a
seat, most embarrassing!

I've noticed, though, that most people will happily get up if they are
in a priority seat and someone else needs it. And I've seen someone get
up and the person they got up for firmly refuse their offer...

I have now reached the age when people will occasionally stand up for me
in the Underground - I don't know whether to be flattered or wonder if I
really look *that* old!

You think that's worrying????????

When I was doing my Army basic training at Pirbright I had been home for the
weekend and was on the Bakerloo to Waterloo. I was stood by the door when a
delightful young lady of about 9 stood up and offered me her seat. I was 19
and the fittest I've ever been (before or since), as her Dad observed, it
did shake me somehwat.