Old August 17th 04, 11:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Don't run Announcements

"Piccadilly Pilot" typed

When I was doing my Army basic training at Pirbright I had been home for the
weekend and was on the Bakerloo to Waterloo. I was stood by the door when a
delightful young lady of about 9 stood up and offered me her seat. I was 19
and the fittest I've ever been (before or since), as her Dad observed, it
did shake me somehwat.

Yebbut she was well brung-up and you were an adult. She'd no doubt been
told to stand for grown-ups.

They don't train them like that anymore sigh

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.