Old August 18th 04, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonn Elledge Jonn Elledge is offline

Default CTRL to benefit Kent: What services?

"david stevenson" wrote in message
Dave Arquati wrote:

I would've thought long-distance sleeper services through the Tunnel
were a winner.

It's not the Government's job to subsidise your 'hotel' bills.

I don't see how that's what was being suggested. I can see how sleeper
trains could be very popular - the idea of being able to get on a train in
central London at 10pm and waking up in Rome the following morning not only
has a certain romance, it could also be very practical. The ability to
travel without losing half a day of either work or a holiday hanging around
in airports could be very useful.

Jonn