Old August 18th 04, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default Don't run Announcements

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

I doubt if those who work on stations and are being told to put out these
messages need to learn much. Marketing and Publicity comissioned a survey of
'customers' and the results of what they wanted are being heard every 30
seconds! The "Good [whatever time of day] ladies and gentlemen" was added by
senior management as it's seen as polite, especially in the US.

I assume the "Ladies and Gentlemen" bit was to make the messages more
personal than the former "Customers are advised...."
--
Kat