Old August 19th 04, 09:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Oxford Transport Spotter Oxford Transport Spotter is offline

Default FIRST GREAT WESTERN LINK WORSE THAN THAMES STRAINS

Joe wrote in message ...
CIG_BIG_CIG wrote:
Dont have that much experience of the GWML I admit however I do know
that yes FGW is outstanding but FGWL is a differnt type of operation.
Just because First run a good INTERCITY service does not default to a
good inner and outer suburban service.

I was actually referring to the ****-poor service that Thames Trains
operated, based on what I have seen compared to the service (might be
bad, bur better than TT) that 1st currently operate.

This may be true for the stoping services, but as an Oxford resident,
I can vouch for the fact that since the transfer from TT to FGWL, the
Oxford-London fast services have gone severely downhill.