Old August 19th 04, 01:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Melv Melv is offline

Default Getting off at euston Now where do we go?

Thank you very much
"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
Melv wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 19 Aug 2004:

Am taking the family on a day out next week from Coventry to London we

will
be getting off at Euston ( I presume) What I need to know is first of all
how from there we get to Oxford st.

Hop on the Underground - 2 stops to Oxford Circus on the Victoria Line.

I seem to recall last time I was there I
came out front doors went right and then left?

That would do it. But that would bring you out at the tatty end of the
street. Before you leave the station, pop into the branch of W H Smith
that you will find there, and treat yourselves to a Nicholson's or A-Z
map book of London (I prefer Nicholson's, myself, as I find it easier to
read, but they are much of a muchness). That way you will be able to
see exactly where you want to go.

Also from there (Oxford st)
where do I then go for all the attractions? Trafalgar square, Buckingham
palace etc. I hear they are in walking distance? Can anyone reccomend a

good
site the ones I have ound dont have the info I require.

They are in walking distance, but you will have rather sore feet by the
end of the day if you walk everywhere! If you buy a bus pass (£2.50 for
adults, children under 11 go free), or Family Travelcard (for details,
see http://www.tfl.gov.uk/), you will be able to hop on public transport
when you get tired. Best way to see London is from the top of a bus, in
my opinion!
--
Annabel - "Mrs Redboots"
(trying out a new .sig to reflect the personality I use in online forums)