Old August 19th 04, 08:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Spyke Spyke is offline

Default Efficient Terminal Layouts (was Diesel Electric Trains on CrossRail)

In message , Alistair
Bell writes
And if the reversing siding (probably just one road in the
depot) is rated for passengers, you can do it even more quickly
because you don't have to check that everyone is turfed out at the
station.

ISTR that the LU policy of checking the train before reversing is not
because it's not safe for the passengers to be carried into the sidings,
but because they have a tendency to panic and do stupid things. This was
after the incident at Liverpool Street where a guy missed his stop and
got carried into the reversing siding, but instead of simply waiting for
the train to reverse and deposit him back at the platform, he went
running through the train, slipped while trying to cross between
carriages and got dragged underneath the train to his death.
--
Spyke
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. The opinions I express do