Old July 28th 03, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Dave is offline

Default Ticketless Buses Zone 1?

The Only Living Boy in New Cross writes
Most people I know prefer Routemasters to others buses. I'm not sure
what it is about them but they're just better liked.

People may *say* they like them, but they certainly don't like going
upstairs on them.

I always do. I might sit downstairs on other buses - but I always go
upstairs on a Routemaster. Because access to the stairs is much easier.

This is the main reason bendy buses are being introduced; same (or
greater) capacity as a double-decker

A lot more - the bendy-bus has capacity for 140 people. That's 50 more
than a conventional double-decker and more than double the capacity of a
Routemaster (although there are only about 50 seats on the bendy-bus,
about 20 less than a conventional double-decker).

--
Dave