Old August 20th 04, 07:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default CTRL to benefit Kent: What services?

"Alex Terrell" wrote in message
om...

Overall, I accept that some of the lines are not suitable for high
speed services. But that means that Ashford and Ebbsfleet need to
become hubs for normal train services (remember, CTRL will have huge
capacity), such as:

Via Ebbsfleet:
- Tonbridge to Dartford
- Dartford to Sittingbourne
- A new tram / light rail service from Ebbsfleet to Bluewater, and
ideally on to somewhere inside the M25. I haven't figured out a path,
but Bluewater seems to be a place where lots of people want to go to,
and Ebbsfleet will be a place where lots of people can go to.
- Of course, CrossRail from Isle of Dogs to Ebbsfleet

Fastrack segregated bus service, which will serve Dartford, Bluewater,
Ebbsfleet, Gravesend is already under construction.

Via Ashford:
Easbourne to Ashford (currently goes only to Hastings)
Gatwick to Ashford?
Ashford to Folkstone to Dover to Ramsgate (see below)

A Brighton - Eastbourne - Hastings - Ashford through service is already
planned, and the Class 171 trains to run it are being built.

Peter