Old August 20th 04, 08:59 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
madeupname madeupname is offline

Default Global warming (was Boscastle)

"Terry Harper" wrote in message ...
"John Rowland" wrote in message

You sound like a knowledgeable bloke, but if global warming is hokum, why
does New Scientist tell me it's real? Is this to do with research grants,
like the asteroids heading towards the Earth that the astronomers find
whenever they are trying to get increases in funding?

Global warming is real, but it's a natural phenomenon, not man-made.

Global warming and COOLING are natural processes of the Earths cycle.
Tectonic plate shift, volcanic discharge, varying sun output, varying
Earth orbit, varying rotation axis points, the occasional comet/
asteroid hit and our general orbit around the galaxy etc.

Certainly mans minor ****ting on his own doorstep doesn't help but it
is just that - minor.

The thing that really ****es me off is that filth politicians see it
as yet another opportunity to rob even more money off us.

If it is the life and death problem they make out, why aren't they
throwing our billions at solar, hydro, wind, thermo and the new
hydrogen fuel cell development? Why is it left up to some bloke in a
shed?

Personally, I hope it happens faster than they predict. The houses of
parliament flash flooded; preferably during PM's question time. The
worthless parasite *******s.