Old August 22nd 04, 02:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin Colin is offline

Default LU Driver Duties

"Sharon & Gordon Thomson" wrote in
message ...
For a typical LU Driver's shift what would be the approx amount of duty

time
for the following components of the days work?
Time between signing on and taking over train.

7mins to sign on, checking notice boards and such, including 2mins walking
(to train time) plus say another 2 or 3 walking time average.
So anything from 7-10mins. Doesn't include train prep. which would add
another 10-15 Or even travelling to a depot that's remote from the booking
on point. Could be shortest 7mins - longest 55mins in my duty book.

Time driving before break.

In my duty book anything from 45mins- upto 4hours 15mins

Time allotted for break. (Is this time paid or unpaid?)

at least 30mins plus traveling time to canteen upto 1hour 40mins Average
50mins of which 30mins is unpaid

Time driving after break.

Same as above

Time between leaving train and signing off.

can be 0mins usually 4mins and then extra if stabling train in depot. So 0
to 45mins

Obviously the shift make-up will vary depending on loads of factors but

just
want an idea of what would be typical.

ok
book on 1432,
travel to depot and prep train leaving 1527
meal relief 1803-1907
finish 2222
book off 2226

--
gordon

of course each line has different ways of doing things but its always at
least 7mins booking on
minium 30mins break at canteen
no more than 4hours 15 driving each half (except in emergencies) but could
be upto 5hours 15before or after break including travelling/sitting spare
0mins booking off

Colin