Old August 22nd 04, 11:06 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Harris Peter Harris is offline

Default Boscastle (global warming)

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 23:17:52 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

"Lukipela" wrote in message
om...

There was a tornado trying to form over where
I live at about 9 o'clock yesterday evening.

I saw one of these when I was in the Lake District in approx 1980. It looked
to reach all the way to the ground, but I was a long way off, so I can't be
sure. I wouldn't worry too much about it, I don't think they have much power
when they form at British latitudes.

Apparently there are an average of 33 tornados per year in the UK
and taking into account land area the UK has the highest number
of reported tornados per square kilometer of any country in the
world.
See
http://www.torro.org.uk/
Fore more information.

Peter Harris
--
The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and
stupidity.