Old August 22nd 04, 02:44 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default Boscastle (global warming)

"John Rowland" wrote in message
"Lukipela" wrote in message
m...

There was a tornado trying to form over where
I live at about 9 o'clock yesterday evening.

I saw one of these when I was in the Lake District in approx 1980. It

looked
to reach all the way to the ground, but I was a long way off, so I can't

be
sure. I wouldn't worry too much about it, I don't think they have much

power
when they form at British latitudes.

Enough, say, to take the roof off a domestic garage, and it wouldn't do you
much good if it dropped the roof on top of you.

Going back on topic, it's recorded that a tornado took the roof off
Gunnersbury station on 8 December 1954 - though the record is presumably
wrong (it must have been some other variety of storm) as tornados are a
Summer phenomenon).
Peter