Old August 23rd 04, 09:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Lack of road markings in Kensington & Chelsea

PeterE wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 22 Aug 2004:

Relatively few roads have white lines along the side of the carriageway.
These are normally rural primary routes, where the intention is to narrow
the apparent width of the road, something I might assume you support.

Er - I think you'll find the intention is to show the edge of the road
to motorists at night, bearing in mind that such roads are normally
unlit.
--
Annabel - "Mrs Redboots"
(trying out a new .sig to reflect the personality I use in online forums)