Old August 24th 04, 12:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
chris harrison chris harrison is offline

Default Buy tickets on the train?

Steve Peake wrote:
That depends if your station is part of a penalty fares scheme or not.
Mine isn't , I often don't buy a ticket (not helped by the
it-crawled-from-the-80s ticket machines SWT uses)

I wish we still had the SWT machines on the stations I seem to use,
they've been mostly replaced by whizzy screen-based ones which are
demonstrably slower than the crawled-from-the-80s versions.

Although have some advantages (more stations, payment by plastic) speed
is not one of them.