Old August 25th 04, 07:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london,rec.travel.europe
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Passport to Pimlico - 2004 version?

In message , at 20:39:06 on Tue, 24
Aug 2004, Clive D. W. Feather remarked:
Except that the Home Office Immigration department has a list of
people who are in the country legally, so if you can reliably
establish someone's name, you can check it against that list.

I don't recall any scanning of EU passports at Waterloo last time I
came that way, and I don't think either Paris or Brussels did so
either. And I'm sure there was no scanning last time I used a ferry.

Very interesting, but in what way is that relevant to Americans being
legally entitled to live in the UK?