Old August 25th 04, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default LU Driver Duties

In message , Sharon & Gordon Thomson
writes

Time allotted for break. (Is this time paid or unpaid?)
at least 30mins plus traveling time to canteen up to 1hour 40mins
Average 50mins of which 30mins is unpaid

Will the unpaid break always be at/near the sign-on/sign-off point or could
you potentially sign-on at/near one end of a line and have an unpaid break
at/near the other extremity of the line? Also will there always be a maximum
of one unpaid break per shift?

In the case on the Piccadilly, it's usually where you book on (we only
have the choice of Arnos Grove or Acton Town). As an Arnos driver I
sometimes have my break at Acton. It will always be at a train crew
depot though.

And, yes, there's only one break per shift, although on a 'snip' turn
it's frequently tagged onto the end of the duty.