Old August 25th 04, 05:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,rec.travel.europe
PJW PJW is offline

Default Passport to Pimlico - 2004 version?

This I very much doubt. Why else is there such a drive for a new
National Population Register and ID card, for which we shall be
charged £40? It's all a device to avoid charging the great data-clean
exercise to the general taxation budget.

PJW

In article , Roland
Perry writes
Except that the Home Office Immigration department has a list of people
who are in the country legally, so if you can reliably establish
someone's name, you can check it against that list.