Old July 28th 03, 08:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Yellow Arrows on Tube Ticket

"Orienteer" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in message

Different coloured arrows for different areas of London.

Red in the north (on the northern end of the Piccadilly line at least);
yellow in the centre. I'm sure someone else will tell you the colours
used elsewhere.

Purpose? An easy way to spot people who have
crossed Z1 'illegally', I guess.

Illegally indeed (no quotes needed).

There are plenty of ways to 'cross' London without going through
zone 1 on the tube: buses, N London line, S London trains.

Yes, but revenue staff can ask you how you got there, and you'd better have
your story straight. I suppose that if you do it habitually you are likely
to get followed.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped