Old August 26th 04, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth Peter Smyth is offline

Default More expensive for same journey?

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...
Travelled from Haywards Heath to Newark last Sunday. Asked for the

cheapest
way, and was told it would be £54. But when I got home, I checked prices
online and found that a single From HH to Kings Cross Thameslink is £15.70
and a single from Kings Cross to Newark is £30.40. Total price £46.10. Why
such the difference in price?

The reason for the difference is that the £54 is for a Standard Open Single
while the £30.40 KX-Newark fare is for a Cheap Day Single so you are not
comparing like with like.

Peter Smyth