Old August 26th 04, 09:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london,rec.travel.europe
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Passport to Pimlico - 2004 version?

Robin May wrote:
Hatunen wrote the following in:

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:38:42 +0000 (UTC), "Alan Harrison"
wrote:

Hmm, how would they know that a language is "not European"? On the
Piccadilly Line on Saturday (Hounslow West to Hammersmith) I was
sitting opposite a father and daughter who were speaking a
language I didn't recognise. As both were fair-skinned and the
little girl was blonde, I assume that they were European and
speaking a European language (unless they were testing their
knowledge of Swahili). What about Turkish (or Russian) where
speakers may be European or Asian?

Finn, Estonian and Hungaian don't sound a bit "European"

People I've spoken to have said that Portugese sounds more like
Russian than like a European language.

Isn't Russian a European language?
--
Richard J.