Old August 26th 04, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default Bank bodies

Check out the following sites for more info:

http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm

http://www.britishheritage.com/warus.htm

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionar...tube%20station

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/war/wwtwo/blitz_05.shtml

http://atschool.eduweb.co.uk/nettsch/time/wlife.html

http://www.battleofbritain.net/Blitz1940/0012.html

http://london.allinfo-about.com/features/timeline.html

http://www.worldwar2exraf.co.uk/Onli.../Theblitz.html

Google is your friend!

"webmaster" wrote in message
. uk...
This is an email I received the other day - seems a bit dubious to me. Any
ideas?

"Did you know that Bank station today is actually only part of Bank

station?
Part of it was demolished by German bombs during the blitz in the 1940's
when trains were in the station. They closed it off and sealed it up

without
taking the bodies out as it was too dangerous to go in after them. A

distant
relative of mine is believed to be buried there. She didn't return home

from
work that night and was never seen again. She always caught the train at
Bank station. You may be able to find out more from London Underground."